Cookie Runs Grandma's Marathon




Since the first week of February I have put in close to 200 miles, walking, then running my way toward the start line of Grandma's Marathon.  Grandma's has been on my radar for as long as I can remember.  It is a straight 26.2-mile shot from Two Harbors to Duluth, Minnesota.  Lake Superior flanks the left side of the view nearly the entire way into Duluth, and at the finish, you might be tempted to have a couple friends give you a hand with an ice bath in the Greatest of all Lakes. 

My parents and some friends from Minneapolis will be there to cheer me on, and I am determined to make it across the finish line before the day is over, however long it takes.  With each passing week of training, I go a bit longer than I have ever walked, run, or hiked in the past.  This Saturday I'll be heading out for sixteen miles.  Every Saturday since February 4th has been a sort of experiment in re-learning to run and making adjustments along the way.

Livestrong believes that attitude is everything in the fight against cancer, and I am hoping you will support my run in June by making a donation to Livestrong today:


Livestrong provides one-on-one support for patients from diagnosis to treatment to life after treatment (check out Livestrong at the Y), even life with ongoing treatment.  They provide countless resources for all age groups when it comes to finances, health insurance, clinical trials, health and fitness, and care and support.
The other group of people I wouldn't be here without is the one supporting me each step of the past ten-and-a-half years.  To you a humble bow of thanks and I will be thinking of you as I make my way to Duluth June 17.

Comments

HI Lizzy!
I'm looking for patient leaders, like you, who are talking about their experience with ALK Lung cancer to participate in a paid insight group. I'd love to give you some more info, so please email me at jackiez(@)wegohealth(dot)com.

Until then, keep telling your amazing story!
-Jackie

Popular Posts