 |
| the peachiest |
 |
| blue and white |
 |
| first fir at 702 |
 |
| had the immense honor to join friends in presenting their foundation's check to the Abramson Cancer Center |
 |
| monday night pizza dinner in p-town. they might be old friends but they still act like 6th graders |
 |
| the strongest women i know |
|
|
|
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday mornings, and for the
Penn Staters out there, hope you've got a hard-earned nap coming your
way this afternoon.
Last Tuesday I learned my most recent
set of scans were just as good as the last ones. Equally as important,
I delivered a gift bag full of gift cards to the chemo nurses with
instructions to give them out to anyone and let them know they can use
it for anything. It was an emotional few moments, as I was joined by
Mom, Dr Evans, NP Beth, and three chemo nurses. They were so overjoyed
to be able to provide for their patients this holiday season. Someone
mentioned how happy patients are when someone comes around with fresh
baked cookies or soft pretzels, the gift cards will be very
appreciated. They also told me about a man whose wife was a patient at
Penn; her throat was very sore and dry and she loved having Freeze Pops
on hand for treatment days. Unfortunately she passed away but her
memory lives on; her husband bought a freezer for the chemo clinic and
keeps Freeze Pops stocked up for patients, and patients can leave their
own frozen goodies for when they need them. These aren't miracles.
Those of you who contributed to my gift card project and the gentleman
in the story here are helping pay forward the good things in our lives.
My hope is another survivor is inspired to pay forward this gift in the
future in some way. Believe me when I say that handing over those cards
was an honor, and honor is an understatement.
I'm feeling
healthy and am enjoying some limited time back at the gym and getting a
lot of fresh air outside with Peachy. Now that it is cold outside, I am
hoping for some frozen precipitation here in PA, but know I'll have a
chance to play in some snow soon.
The hustle and
bustle of the holidays has started, but keep in mind the people, places
and traditions you love. Create new traditions. Turn off the news,
drive around and look at some lights. Over-indulge a bit. Hug someone
tight with both arms. Before you know it, this year will come to a
close and it will be time to welcome 2017 and the adventure it holds.
Happy Winter.
Comments