short and sweet

we must always have infinite hope - mlk jr

I had my follow-up scan today and so far the news is encouraging.  I haven't gotten the official report, but my neuro-radiation oncologist reviewed the images and she is "unimpressed" (a good thing).  She showed me the images and there is no discernible change from one month ago [the radiologists have computer screens with a greater resolution than what we had today, so we'll see what they have to say, when I see Dr. Evans Wednesday].

With no change, there isn't anything to do.  The doctor pointed out we don't even have any verification that it is cancer, and yes, sometimes these things show up after radiation, but we will continue our vigilance.  I'll go in for another scan at the beginning of December.  I was given the choice of one or two months, but I will have to go in for a chest CT in December so I might as well do both scans the same day, it helps with the IV.  If it remains status quo, we'll wait two months.

That's it.  If anything changes, I will let you know.  I'm feeling relieved tonight.  Happy and tired.

Comments

Helen Cook said…
Liz, thank you for sharing your journey. You continue the good fight against the monster that is cancer!

Popular Posts