liveSTRONG philly2014... let's make it a party!






Today marks the seven and a half year mark of my cancer adventure.  What better a day to register for this year's Livestrong Challenge?  

Team Tough Cookie will be running and riding our way around southeastern Pennsylvania on Sunday, August 17.  

Please consider joining us for a fun weekend.  I'm not lying.  It is tons of fun, lots of laughs, great excuses to have beer at 10 in the morning, and throwing it all in cancer's ugly face.  Personally, I'll be walking a 5K and riding at least 20 miles. And then I will have a Coke.  And a beer.


If you "just" want to donate, might I suggest a $24 donation in honor of 10/24, the day I was diagnosed.  You can go here to donate:  http://www.livestrong.org/fundraising/lizdols2014/

You all know how important the foundation is to me and how I have turned to it time and time again throughout the past seven+ years.  Every day people are diagnosed and need somewhere to turn to learn the ropes of navigating life with cancer.  I know I don't have to tell you how much clinical trials have meant to me.  I wouldn't have known to consider them as viable options without Livestrong. And second opinions - that it is OK and actually, important, to get them at any step along the way.  Livestrong.  Livestrong.  Livestrong.

Thanks, as always for all of your support along the way.  I'd love to have you join me in August.


Comments

Popular Posts