Sunchaser


I've really enjoyed my time in Florida. There is something very therapeutic about this place; I've been treated to some amazing sunsets, blue skies, and even some heavens-opened rain storms. Our family is lucky to have this place. Somehow it has maintained the feel and smell of it being Grandmother's. to sit around and just relax a bit is even more of a treat because it feels a bit closer to Betty and Harry. The Gulf is warm and clear and it has been tough to leave the water for more sunscreen. But vacation has to end. Fall is coming. 

   
Heading home, I'm a little bummed that my back doesn't seem to be getting better. I'll have a massage later this week to see if it can help. Last time it certainly relaxed me though I am not sure my back actually felt better afterward. Not sure if this is just the way it is going to be or if there's something to do to help the situation. The good news is, it really bothers me only when sitting around; when I am up and active it doesn't. So that's the good news. I've been running and walking every day. 


I've asked myself many times, where would I rather live, the mountains or the beach. I used to answer, wholeheartedly, the mountains. Without skipping a beat. But as I get older, maybe as I go through more challenges in cancer land, I lean toward the beach. A walk on the beach, even on a cloudy day, put me in a better spot and the salt air just seems to heal with every inhalation. The slower pace is welcomed and sometimes I wish all the time was island time. I'll never leave the mountains, they are always in my heart and there is something alluring about the vast views and high peaks.  But I think I'd take a quiet beach as my home any time. Chasing the sun, always. 

Comments

Jenae Frick said…
Hi Lizzy
I would like to email you, I am with a company called Theradome and we would like to see if we can work with your blog. If you're interested in learning more, please send me your email address at jenae@theradome.com. (I couldn't find your email on your blog) Thanks!

Popular Posts