livestrong weekend!

It is a beautiful morning here in southeastern Pennsylvania, and this weather looks like it might stick around for at least part of the weekend, which is great news since it is finally here - Livestrong weekend.

I'll be honest with you, there have been some moments in the past two months that left me wondering whether I'd really be up for the Challenge, afterall, times dealing with fatigue, nausea, and being out of shape.  I'm still out of shape but that won't stop me from tackling a revised schedule this weekend - it will be an honor to do a 5K walk with Dad (who is celebrating four months post-heart surgery) and a bike ride with friends (definitely not the 100 miler).

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting me and the Livestrong Foundation.  You all know how near and dear to my heart the work of this organization remains.  Just this week I attended a forum here in Philly, co-hosted by the Cancer Support Community and Livestrong to discuss Survivorship issues here in this area.  Events like that one can only lead to better resources for cancer survivors and their caretakers and it is why I choose to stick with Livestrong.

It isn't too late for you to make a donation - every one is so appreciated, and there's no such thing as too small.  Consider giving up Startbucks this weekend to make a donation.  You'll be entered to win an Apex Bionic Jacket from The North Face or a really cool bag.


I'll be carrying each of you with me this weekend.  It has been a long, difficult year, but you help me to remain hopeful and upbeat.

Be well and live strong

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read this today and I bet you can relate to the hope I found in the words:

"There is no state of physical decline or damage that you could not recover from - none - not any, if you knew it...if you wanted it and knew that you could. And that's those miracles that they talk about every day. They're not miracles at all, they are the natural order of things. But because they are rare, people think they are miraculous. They're not. That's the way it is supposed to be. You're supposed to thrive." ~Abraham-Hicks

Thriving,
Tanny :)
lizzy said…
I love this, Tanny. Thank you.

Popular Posts