Getting a little sappy here...



This is a photo of my brother. And the Liberty Bell. And two complete strangers. Jimnerd will be upset with me for sharing this photo with the world. But how can I, the older, wiser, sister, stop myself?  Look at that kid. Have you seen a happier one?  Ever?

Tomorrow, Sunday, is his birthday. I brought him his presents today because he might have more important things to be dealing with tomorrow (I'll have to tell you about that later). Spending today with him was really nice. I am so lucky and fortunate to say he is one of my best friends. And I have been a pain in the ass this year. When I have down moments, and there are more than a few, I call my brother. Today I just wanted a hug from him and I knew I'd start feeling better. He makes me laugh - he makes everyone laugh. But he can also talk me off the ledge of anxiety like no one else. When I am most afraid, he is there to hold my hand through it. I just wish I could repay it. 

The best thing is when there are happy moments we share them, too. This year has given ample opportunity to celebrate for small things, and to just enjoy being together as a family. And every time we are all together I can't help but be proud of Jim, of the life he has made for himself, how hard he works, how much he loves his wife, and how much he cares about the rest of us. His heart is immense, as it always has been. I hope he has a very happy birthday and knows this Liznerd is so thankful for his friendship. Words fail. 

And thank goodness his birthday is on a Sunday so there's F1 to watch. None of us even have to bake a cake, he is so happy about this. 

Comments

Everybody needs a support group! Awesome post. It's great when siblings are around for each other without fail.

We love what you have done with your blog. Sharing personal stories is so critical to lung cancer awareness.

Would you like to write a guest blog for our website, ADMnational.com? We are a Long Island-based medical practice focused on early detection of lung cancer.

We are beginning a guest blog series soon, with the goal of offering various perspectives of different people within the lung cancer community, and would be honored if you would participate.

You can e-mail us at info@admnational.com

Popular Posts