home sweet home

 
wish I was there, on a sunny summer morning.  but home is really nice, too.
 

I was discharged yesterday evening and I slept soundly last night here at Chez Dols. 
 
I will be on IV antibiotics for six weeks; I have a pic line like in the summer but unlike in June, I don't have to carry a pump around with me.  I just give myself an infusion from a syringe every eight hours.  Not bad compared to carrying that fanny pack around with me :o)
 
So, the goal is to not get another infection and once again, I'm not lifting anything heavy or doing much exercise other than walking.
 
Longer term, radiation is scheduled to start on the 11th of March as long as my surgeon signs off on my incision being healed enough.  That will still be for five weeks, I think.  And in about six weeks from now I'll have to have another surgery to replace the bone they had to remove because it showed sign of infection (it was the little bone they had to cut to get to the tumor, it is a little bigger than a checker piece).  It sounds like a lot so I am swallowing it in small 24-hour increments. 
 
If you are wondering what you can do to help, you can consider making a donation to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in my name.  The staff there, from transport help to scan technicians to nursing assistants to nurses to doctors has been nothing less than exemplary.  They've taken great care of me and my family, making us comfortable and keeping us informed.  You can donate to the Abramson Cancer Center.
 
 
If you live in the area and want to visit (or even if you don't live nearby) please shoot me an email or text and let me know.  Mornings and later afternoons are when I have the most energy.

Comments

Andrea LeFever said…
Lizzzz! It is Andrea from Crossfit. I have been reading daily and would love to stay in touch. What is your email address? Mine is al627681@gmail.com
Mel said…
You have alot on your plate. And yet you sound so calm and peaceful. Praying all will go as it should for you, no more setbacks.

Popular Posts