Update

For some of you i know this is first mention of this news. A tumor was found in my head Friday, and as it has been explained, it is pressing onto the left rear if my head, part of my vision center. It is causing a blind spot on my right side. No other side effects are present. Just a pain the a$$ being in the hospital. But I am so indebted to their fast work.

I finally talked to a neuro guy last night and he said surgery early this week. Maybe Tuesday. They are rescheduling planned appointments because mine came up so fast. It sounds like there is a lot of hope they can get it all, but perhaps at the cost of me never driving again. The blind spot I have is on the right side of my peripheral vision and the hope is that would improve with the reduction in pressure, but it is way too soon to know. So anything the spot might impact will be affected - driving, skiing, cycling. It could improve, stay thr same or get worse. Vut it has to come out.

Surgery is followed by at least 24 hours close observation in ICU then 2-3 days in neuro, them maybe more for radiation therapy. And god forbid a complication like pneumonia, since I'll once again be intubated. So it is a lot. I worry about losing the ability to drive, ride my bike, etc, but it shouldn't affect my speech, movement, etc. we hope. Physical and occupational therapy begin right away after ICU.

It is a a lot to go through but my spirits are ok. I slept about five hours so far tonight. Hoping more to come.



Comments

Jeff R. said…
Good luck Liz. I'm tremendously hopeful that the surgery goes well for you.
Julie D said…
Got your mom and dad's email today Liz - wow, you are so STRONG lady - going home already! Best wishes to you for a continued fast recovery. I'll be thinking of you.
Anonymous said…
Hi Liz. Just saw the news and we will be praying for your fast recovery. Stay positive, you will make it through this! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Love always,
Carrie and Jason

Popular Posts