Crazy update

Sorry for the surprise, but I've been admitted to Penn with a tumor in the rear of my brain. It is 2-3 cm and manifest itself yesterday in the form of some loss of peripheral vision on my right side. Good news is there is only one lesion. The neurosurgery team will determine the best option for treatment, either brain surgery or gamma knife. Surgery is actually the better option if they think they can do it with minimal risk. As my radiation oncologist told me yesterday, it is little consolation but they do this regularly.

I feel good, just a slight headache that's probably more from my f••king roommate than anything else. I can eat, sleep when it is quiet, and hopefully can soon take a shower, a nap, and a walk.

Surgery or gamma knife will probably be Monday or Tuesday.

This is a total shock and while I have played it as a possibility ever since my diagnosis now it is here and I just want to do what will give the chance for the best outcome.

Thanks for your support.

Comments

Kim said…
thoughts & prayers...you are in mine!
kimmywink said…
Oh Liz... Good to hear you are feeling relatively okay. Going with the option that provides the best outcome seems like a great way to base a decision. Always, wanting the best for you...

Kim
Stolen Hours said…
Keeping you in my prayers!
nan stevenson said…
Dear, Sweet Woman! My prayers are with you, Lizzy! Love you VERY much...I pray they get it all!!!
Nan

Popular Posts