make the leap

Happy Leap Day everyone,
Like many great things, the Olympics, years divisible by four, and cold winters in the Mid Atlantic, today only comes once every four years. Why not do something special to celebrate the day?
Here's my something special: I'll donate a TNF fleece much like the one I am wearing in the photo above (don't worry, yours will be new) to raffle off today. Make a donation of $25 or more to my RAGBRAI Livestrong fund today and you'll be entered to win a nice cozy fleece just as the weather is finally getting cold (better late than never). I'll pick the winner on Friday and contact you then.
What is RAGBRAI (http://ragbrai.com/routemaps/2012-route-maps/)? This year it is a 471-mile bicycle ride across Iowa. I'm riding it as part of Team Livestrong, and we're raising funds and awareness for cancer patients and their loved ones who are in the fight right now.
I'll be riding the week-long course with my great friend Samara and we'll be basking in the hot summer sun and hopefully a nice tail wind as we ride from town to town, indulging in homemade pies and maybe a pork chop on a stick along the way.
How can you make a donation?
Click here: http://tinyurl.com/lizragbrai2012
Over under the thermometer there's a link for "Make a Gift!". Head over there, donate $25, and a fleece might soon be yours!
As you've all come to know, Livestrong is very important to me and I continue to turn to the organization for inspiration and support in my life with cancer. Livestrong helps teach cancer patients that we are Survivors from the day we are diagnosed; they provide important support for getting second opinions, help with insurance questions, and have a plethora of resources to help patients and their loved ones in their fights with cancer.
Thanks, as always, for your support.
Be well and live strong,
Liz
Comments