call off the hounds

the cancer tank is apparently still on E.

i want to run around. and dance. and ski. and party.

a radiologist and radiation oncologist reviewed my scans with my oncologist and immediately saw signs of damage from radiation, possibly pnemonia, but NOT cancer. NOT. NO.

so i'll go back for another CT scan in a month to make sure it is going away with the antibiotics. and i'll see my own radiation oncologist sometime before then. and if i have another crazy headache or anything else seems awry i'll call right away.

but, tonight, no cancer.

i'm sorry for scaring everyone. but you can imagine how scared i was.

please do your own little jig for me, for us. no worrying. not tonight.

it is a little hard to tolerate, to comprehend, how intangible the cancer really is, how we can't be sure, certain, of anything. but i feel positive waiting another month. i don't think it is in me. i feel good. great. i feel good about this turn of events. i didn't lose hope in the last 36 hours, i was just terrified. i am still learning how to dance this cancer dance. i wish it wasn't on my resume but i think i will get better with time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
U rockstar!!!! Congrats on the good news, I couldn't be happier!

Best,
Leah
Anonymous said…
Hurray Liz! I'm so happy to hear the news.

Ethan
Anonymous said…
Have you ever heard of a SANDWICH?
My best sandwich ever - happiness love my kids my husband my special girl my special boy - how I love us!! and especially you.
jane elizabeth
Ace said…
Thank you for the update!! I am very excited for you!! i will continue to keep you in my prayers though. I will be doing a jig for you for the rest of the night.
Anonymous said…
HURRAH, Lizzard! Great news! Grandpa left us a message and we slept well last night!
Kathy & Al
Anonymous said…
as the saying goes:

“A joy shared is doubled; A grief shared is halved.”

I'm doubly joyed to hear about your good news, and sharing your grief/sorrow/fear with us hopefully halved its effect on you!
Anonymous said…
Wahoo!! I just got the biggest grin as I read your news! Congrats Liz! So exciting!

Popular Posts