let's go for a run

welcome to november, everyone. crisp, cool air has moved in, leaves are falling, mom is hunting for an organic all-natural turkey, and it is my favorite time of the year for running.

if you're in the philly area this weekend and have an urge to get outside and play (albeit a little early in the morning) come join me in running a 5k down on kelley drive.

The second annual Free to BreatheTM 5K is scheduled for Sunday, November 4, 2007, in Philadelphia, PA. The 5K run will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the 5K and 1 mile walks will begin at 8:35 a.m. Day-of registration and packet pick up will open at 6:30 a.m.

Race Location
Lloyd Hall at Fairmount Park
1 Boathouse Row on Kelly and Sedgely Drives
Philadelphia, PA 19130

i am planning on arriving around 7:30 or so and will be registering there. if you can come run i am willing to put money on the fact you will finish faster than me. this is a previsouly rare experience (beating moi), so come enjoy it! i beat cancer, so i think that letting you win the race is a fair trade.

the race benefits the national lung cancer partnership, which helps fund the development of the careers of junior researchers in the lung cancer field. 1 in 12 men will get lung cancer in their lives. 1 in 16 women will. a worthwhile cause, no?

november is also national lung cancer awareness month.

Comments

samantha said…
oh crap... I was thinking this run was in late november. I haven't run in months... Unfortunately, not only am I not in running condition but I'm also committed elsewhere. CRAP...

Where can I make a donation?

ps, my money is that you would beat me in the state I'm in.

Popular Posts