go there
there was (is... commercial break) a show, "living with cancer" on discovery channel this evening. i won't take the time now to go into detail about the myriad emotions and thoughts and ideas it has generated within me.
i just recommend that you catch it on replay tomorrow night on discovery times channel (whatever that is...) if you have the chance. or look it up online.
of course the big names are there, lance and elizabeth and leroy (and if you don't recognize the last one please go to the "insight" link over there on the right).
but more than anything, it addresses so many topics so spot on, i think everyone who glances at my little blog should check it out. like it or not, realize or no, you've been affected by cancer now. it is moving, it is real, and it is forever timely.
thanks.
i just recommend that you catch it on replay tomorrow night on discovery times channel (whatever that is...) if you have the chance. or look it up online.
of course the big names are there, lance and elizabeth and leroy (and if you don't recognize the last one please go to the "insight" link over there on the right).
but more than anything, it addresses so many topics so spot on, i think everyone who glances at my little blog should check it out. like it or not, realize or no, you've been affected by cancer now. it is moving, it is real, and it is forever timely.
thanks.
Comments
Still thinking of you and wishing you all good things.
I did watch the special on Discovery and have long been reading Leroy's blog. I agree, it was so spot on. It filled me with a ton of emotions but the main one was of feeling understood in so many ways. It was a brilliant show.
One thing that really hit home was when Leroy's two doctors said the same thing in two different ways. One was Dr. Doom and Gloom and the other was full of hope. I have the same issue with my two oncologists. They give me the same statistics but one feels confident that I have an 80% chance of beating this thing and the other feels the need to constantly remind me that there is a 20% chance of this monster coming back. Same information but different delivery. I don't have to tell you which one I'm listening to. Besides, I'm an artist, not a numbers person and statistics mean very little to me. I felt a kinship with Leroy in seeing that he had doctors like this and I didn't feel so alone.
Thank you for your blog. You are doing so much for so many by writing it.
Hugs,
Lori
Here is I feel about statistics.
Bullshit. All bullshit.
If I went by statistics, I would have never got Ovarian Cancer at age 30. But I did. If you listen to statistics Liz would have never got lung cancer.
Yet--- we did. We beat the odds.
Who is a doctor to tell us that we can't beat those odds again by getting better?
It only takes one chance to win and there is no way to say if the odds are in your favor... so I call bullshit on all of it.
Fire the doom and gloom doctor.