air conditioning
help me say goodbye to my hair. the chemo is working its wonders and while i'd hoped to dodge the bullet this time around i was obviously not kidding anyone. more than average was coming out in the shower last night. it is starting.
the good news is i'll be that much cooler until it grows back in. based upon my extensive experience in this exact science, i am proposing it will be gone until august.
damn.
in other news, i am on lock down. no fresh fruits or uncooked veggies or lunch meat or sushi (thank goodness on that one) for me. no crowded germy places.
i can't get sick, kids.
Comments
On the racing heart rate. Lots of cancer patients take ativan to calm their hearts. Me, I turned to a more natural source that doctors cannot legally prescribe. It worked and I didn't become dependent.
On air conditioning. I remember being at the big bike race in 2005. It was about 100 degrees. Everyone was suffering except for me. I was bald so I soaked a bandanna in ice water and plopped it on my head. I was very happy to be bald that day. Soon it will be warm and everyone will envy you. Especially the chicks and the black men. I don't know why... but they will hit on you.
Best of luck.
You will feel better to know that Marshall called me Liz yesterday!!!! I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants. I told him to call me Princess Lori to make it easier. I told him he better stop calling you Lori because you'll get better and kick my butt!! LOL!!!!!!
Met a lady that got a cool hena (sp?) tattoo on her head during chemo. Would look really cool for the summer.
Lockdown...sucko. However, it keeps away all those well meaning folk you don't want to see anyway. Just a lame joke.
Hey, you jinxed me...my pulse was at 112 sitting in the chair yesterday before my pulmonary tests. I was feeling so sick from radiation, they blamed it on that. Tests came back great...Woo hoo! Oxygen problems will remain a mystery. I did go home and go to bed and take an ativan. Hadn't slept in 3 nights. It helped and I feel much better today. I did not become addicted...don't think I have that gene. (Just for crappy men.)
Hang loose.
Princess Lori
Susan
Marshall has taken to calling me Elizabeth; eliminating the extra "L" name seems to have done the trick.
Enjoy your weekend "off" and get plenty of rest! If nothing else the radiation is a perfect excuse for a nap.
Elizabeth