floridah in fotos

















siesta key, florida is home to the world's finest white sand beaches. i spent an emotional weekend there with my extended family, saying chao to a home that has been witness to many grandchildren growing up, many g&t's partaken in, many laughs, and many fond memories. the weather was perfect, and what we lacked in spirit we more than made up for basking in the sun, cooling off in the gulf, and feeling the sand between our toes. for me, i think it was just what the doctor ordered (i even ran two miles, two times) and i am officially adding a "warm destination" to each winter's syllabus from here on out. enjoy the fotos. it is much better in person, i promise. i can still smell the salt air from my walk this morning. ah.




Comments

samantha said…
You ran two miles?!? holy crap, that is awesome!
Anonymous said…
two miles felt like a marathon, but i have to show the funk who's boss. hope to start climbing again this summer - the pulmonary function loss might cut into the adventure racing.
Anonymous said…
Hi Lizzy,

"Wow!" That's what came out of my mouth when I read that you ran two miles, not once but twice. Amazing!

I am enjoying the photos. My sisters from Alaska have been visiting my parents in Navarre, Florida. I couldn't go this time and know what I am missing out on, all the way around. I am ready for some warmth...it is below zero here in Soldotna, Alaska.

Take care, Laurie

Popular Posts