insert fresh air here...



i slowly opened my eyes this morning and saw incredible orange/golden light relfecting off the trees outside my window. i rolled over a bit, trying to take a mental inventory of aches and pains and whether i would be feeling better than yesterday. i realized that the slow improvement of the past day had continued overnight and things were not nearly as bad as they had been. i put one foot on the ground, then the other, found my glasses, and carefully stood up. things are really unsteady in the morning, especially in the first few steps. they can make or break the day. all went well this morning, and the more i slowly moved around the more i wanted to get outside for some fresh, cold air. i pulled on my new prism optimus jacket (the real reason i wanted to go outside while it was still frosty, of course) and a hat and some gloves and hooked the gorilla to the leash. we quietly snuck outside at about 7:30 and i wasn't let down; the air was crisp and clear and smelled like winter. we walked along and i snapped some pictures, as you can see. geese aren't the most majestic birds, but they seemed happy this morning bobbing about in the pond.
the rest of the day has played out well... some napping, some food, and a little road trip with dad to check out what's going on in chester county. thankfully the worst seems to have passed and i can refocus on things other than chemo again. i love turning the corner. i love cold weather. i love sunshine. i love christmas lights. what can i complain about, really?
Comments
I just wanted to say hi. I'm an old friend of your Dads. In fact when you were little you visited my house with your Dad. He had a mattress that he was getting rid of and was nice enough to give it to me. I'm sure you were to young to remember that but you were so full of energy and I always smile when I remember that day. It doesn't sound like you have changed much.
I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you. Take care.
Linda Earhart