smells like snow...



Here is a picture from my trip to Glacier National Park this summer. Samara and I were sitting at a picnic table beneath the deck at the lodge and there were all these people up there with their binoculars, looking at some bighorn sheep that were hanging out on a hillside. They couldn't be seen with the naked eye, which is something that Samara and I hadn't planned for at all. We were binocular-less, and we did what we could to join in - we laughed at all the people with binoculars, rushing to the edge of the deck to see the sheep. Of course we were just jealous, but it made us feel better about our perdicament. For a little while I think we were worried that we wouldn't see ANY wildlife in the park beacuse we left our viewing glasses at home. Well, just a short time later I conned the girl at the boat shack to lend us her binoculars, which she probably used more often to spy on the hot boys working there. We got to see some grizzly bears, which was really cool.

In other news, today I stepped outside to take a phone call, and I took a deep breath at one point, coughed, and thought to myself "wow, it smells like snow out here". I went inside the house for lunch and Bern said "it feels like snow out there" and then Kev came in and said "it tastes like snow out there". And then BB came in and said "it smells like snow out there, doesn't it?" Why, yes, yes it did.

Also today, I thanked my boss' daughter for the nice little card she made for me. She's 6 and grinned back at me and was bashful about it and asked me what it said. I told her: "Dear Liz, I hope you feel better". She was glad I understood it and that I was, for now, feeling better.

What it literally said was "Dear Liz, I hoop you feal bedder".

Me too, me too.

Comments

Popular Posts