minnesota blue sky


It is one of those days out there - just warm enough for a t-shirt and jeans, bright sunshine that you can feel on your face, and Minnesota Blue sky, as my family likes to say. The sky is so much bigger out there in Minnesota than it is here on the east coast. I don't know whether that has anything to do with why the sky there is so blue (and why when we have days like today we notice the sky as being "Minnesota Blue") but today is certainly one of those days.
The weekend was a fun one - and I needed it after the stress of last week. I relaxed on Friday night, saving the drive to State College for early Saturday morning, and I have to admit it was kind of fun to be caught up in the throngs of Nittany Lion faithful as we all commuted in for the game. I arrived in town and went directly to the Wheelworks to pick up a wheel set for Wes and much to my surprise, my NEW IF BIKE was there!
Yaay!
It is super sexy, sleek mustard yellow with a greenish pearl hue to it that just glistens in the sun. I rolled around on it a bit yesterday and it feels great. I can't wait to get final clearance on being super active with my lungs - I won't ever want to drive my car anymore! I was actually thinking, geez, I want to move back to a town just like State College so I can ride my sexy new bike every day. I'll do my best down here on the wild backcountry roads of Chester County. If you see a hot chick on an even hotter IF, yup, that's me. I need a name for it but that will come with time.
But anyway, back to the weekend, back to football, back to GREAT seats on the 20 yard line of the alumni section (thanks Barney!). It had been a long time since I took in a game and of course it was fun to see Penn State win.
Following the game Barney, Dan (visiting from Guam) and Kevin (Dan's brother) took in a few drinks at some of State College's finest establishments and enjoyed ourselves. I was psyched to get to bed by 3am; some people didn't end up home until 6:45 am...
I was glad to have a chance to see Mom and Dad Barney on Sunday and enjoyed lunch with them at the Diner, where nearly everything was 86'd, before taking on the long drive home. It really is a much longer drive home than drive up there, and if someone out there could figure out a way to make it shorter, I'd really appreciate it.
On deck this week: packing up spring samples, follow-up dr appt to see about the gunk in the lungs, and maybe a hockey game. Smooches...
Comments