shuffling through...



Today's view from my window here at FCG world headquarters...

Today has been one of the rare days at work that I love. I mean, I love my job and have fun (at least a bit) each day. But today, and on other days like it, I find myself all by my lonesome and can get SO much finished! Tasks are crossed off the list left and right because I cannot be sidetracked (unless I am posting to this website...) and because I'm doing it all to my own soundtrack.

That's right, on days when I'm left to my own devices I plug in my ipod and set it on shuffle and the sounds are mine and only mine - no suffering through round after round of Sportscenter (which is fine from time to time) or cooking shows on TV. Just good, good music all day. I started things off with Thievery Corporation and rolled along into old-school U2 before unleashing it on the completely random shuffle.

It is a kind of grey, somewhat questionable day out there - will it rain? Will it warm up? Will I have to suck it up and go to my first ever 'cross practice tonight with Wes? We'll see. For now, I'll keep rocking out with... Alkaline Trio.

Comments

Popular Posts