rooting for the home team

Wow, after stomaching the difficult loss to Ohio State last weekend, my sports luck is looking up. First on the list is the Minnesota Twins' ascent of the AL Central into the playoffs. It was looking doubtful just two short months ago, but they've fought hard and won themselves a playoff berth. I am excited about this primarily because I am a Twins fan; I grew up rooting for Kirrrrrrrby Puckett. The first sporting event I attended was in the Metrodome; I thought it interesting that we played on grass for T-ball. The Twins always played on Astroturf! Secondarily, I am excited because I have won a bet, which, if you have ever seen me in Reno following our sales meetings you would know, is very rare. I get to sit back and enjoy an evening of hockey and some sort of delicious meal, all paid for by an unfortunate White Sox fan.
Second on the list of reasons why my sports luck is picking up is that I am heading to State College to take in the Penn State/Northwestern game this weekend. I haven't been to a game in ages and if all goes well I will have tickets in my hand come game time. I can hardly think of a better way to spend a fall afternoon. State College, forecasted sunshine and cool temps, a couple of beers, and the game with a couple of friends. Good times. Great times. And even if the tickets fall through there is always tailgating. And a trip to do some climbing is in the works for Sunday. Can it get any better?
Comments