overcast saturday

This morning some finely dressed gentlemen showed up on my doorstep while I was making waffles. Hearing the knock at the door, I didn't think twice about answering it in my sweatpants and tee shirt; it was probably a friend of the neighbors' wondering where they are. But no, it was the well-attired gentlemen, a tag-team father-son deal, and of course, they wanted to know whether I thought we were enduring the "end of days". I gave them the stock answer, "I really don't know" (because I really don't) and wished I could give them a line to get them off my doorstep without getting into religious mumbo jumbo. They digressed, handed me some reading material and joked about my sweatpants - "that's what Saturday mornings are for" the dad joked. Sure enough... apparently they are also for suit wearing and interrupting morning activities like breakfast making.
Thinking about it a bit more on the way to run some errands, I smiled to myself. Whether this is the end or not, "with all that is going on in the world" as the gentleman put it, I'd much rather enjoy my lazy overcast Saturday mornings, travel with and to see friends, take the days one at a time and really indulge myself in the world around me. Because if time is limited and I don't know it, I want to fill my hours with fun and laughter and love, fresh air, clear rivers (to stick my feet in...) green trees, white, fluffy snow, and big mountains. I'll leave the big end-of-day worrying to others for now, thanks.
Maybe I should have asked them to say a prayer for the Nittany Lions today...
Comments